Thursday, June 18, 2009

Getting to Know Jackie!

Jackie invited me over last night to have some dessert and give us a chance to get to know each other better. She is the other woman who will be going on the trip and we thought it might be nice to get to know each other a little before we go. It was great to connect and learn about the other missions she has been on. I’m such a newbie and I am thankful I have some veterans going on the trip. She’s never been to Colombia, though, and knows little Spanish so it will be an adventure for both of us. I’m taking my handy dandy Spanish/English translation book; Dave, our host, is fluent in Spanish, thank goodness. I can pick out some words (thanks to Spanish class from college back in the 80s and studying for Spanish tests with my daughter last semester). :-)

I'm planning on only taking a carry on. Me--who always packs way too much because I don't know what mood I'll be in. So I'm trying on shorts and shirts and mixing and matching and figuring out how to pack light, light, light!

No comments:

Post a Comment