Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WEDNESDAY





It´s terribly hot today. The ocean breeze saves us but I am so sticky and tired. We painted today. We also helped wash little ones hair with stuff to get rid of lice. Yep, Jackie and I helped. The kids think it´s fun! They were put in a little play pool and got hosed down. They laughed and laughed. Then we washed their hair with a certain lice lotion and then rinsed their hair. They were so darn cute. We ran out of water, though. Just ran out. I don´t know why so they all couldn´t get the preventative lice shampoo today. Water is very scarce here.

Lunch was provided for the children, staff, and volunteers. I struggle with eating down here but am really trying my best. It´s just different and the bugs and flies are everywhere. I pull bones out of the soup. I´m thinking after a while it just becomes what it is and is the the norm. I´m just not there yet.

Construction is going on. All the staff is very busy getting prepared for when school starts again the end of July. They are very hard working but always have time to give you a hug as you pass by.

All for now.

Lori

2 comments:

  1. got up looking forward to your update. Praying for you to see the amazing, wide, high, long and deep love of God in Christ while you are there. thanks for the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing trip. Thank you for all your posts:)

    ReplyDelete